WHEW! It's over!
Our goal was to have the house done completely by the 4th (actually, the 5th, since that was when the party was). We made it! Everything was completely finished.....
Some more photos below:
Deborah, Rick and I
Dan & I.....I absolutely love this picture. Doesn't he look like the happiest guy in the world?
Dan and I have been planning a 4th of July party for a month now. It's something that he has always done in the past, as the Brookston Fireworks are amazing, and can be viewed right from our back yard. Of course, he doesn't always do things to the scale that I do. We got a little carried away. :)
Our goal was to have the house done completely by the 4th (actually, the 5th, since that was when the party was). We made it! Everything was completely finished.....
The 4th we spent with Wade and Deborah and Savannah and Trevor, just hanging out around the house. Dan had to work during the day, didn't get home until about 9:30. (21 emergencies, or something crazy like that....) Wade and Deborah had gotten some fireworks, which we let off in the street. Dan had a Fireworks Safety Apparatus that he wore on his head, because the fireworks were so bright that they kept shutting the street lights out. It was pretty dark out there! (Picture above.) Trevor played with explosives, and Savannah was in awe of the fireworks..... (That's her and Mommy above left....)
Wade and Deborah stayed the night with us Friday night, and helped us get everything ready for the party on Saturday. They were a huge help, and we couldn't have done it without them! It's great to have such an amazing family!
Party went great, at one point, I turned and counted 60 people, which didn't include anyone who might have been in the living room or in the front yard. The weather was perfect, and I was glad that it didn't rain. I don't know where on earth I would have put all those people..... :)
The fireworks were amazing, as always, and people started to siphon out shortly afterwards. The after party went into the wee hours of the morning, but all in all, I think that a good time was had by all, and everyone enjoyed themselves. Including Grandma. :)
Some more photos below:
Deborah, Rick and I
Deborah and I
Dan & I.....I absolutely love this picture. Doesn't he look like the happiest guy in the world?
Baker. He's being smart. Drinking water before bed..... We all would have felt a lot better before bed if we had drank 3 bottles of water and ate a ton of hot dogs, like he did. :)
Sigh. It's over. :)









0 comments:
Post a Comment