Olivia celebrated her second birthday this past week. She turned 2 on the 26th of November. It's so hard for me to believe that she's already 2. My, how things have changed in all of our lives in the last 2 years. It seems like yesterday that we were rushing to the hospital the Sunday after Thanksgiving because Elizabeth was in labor. And now, 2 years later, we all look forward to Olivia's early morning phone calls to say "Titi and Dan, Get UP NOW!!" Ha! :)
I am writing this for Olivia:
Dear Livvy Lou,
It's hard for me to tell you in words what joy and happiness you have brought to my life. I still remember the day that you were born, holding you in the hospital. Even though I said that it didn't matter at the time, I'll ALWAYS be proud to have been the first one to ever hold you. (Except your mommy and daddy, of course.) You were a beautiful baby then, and you continue to get more and more beautiful every day.
Most recently, some of my favorite memories of you would be: The day that we took you to the pumpkin patch. You loved the horse, and laughed the whole time that you were on it. On the way back in the car, you said, "Titi, I love you." Seeing you dressed up in your halloween outfit on halloween was fun, too, and I loved that you called me that morning and told me "not to be scared" when I saw you dressed as a kitty cat. I love that you get so excited that you went potty in the big potty, and that you want Titi to take you. I smile just thinking about how much you love your little brother, and how much you love to take care of him, and hold him. I love that you get all excited to see Dan, and even though I complain sometimes, it makes my heart melt that you love him so much. I love your hugs and kisses, and hope that you never get too big to want to give Titi and Dan a hug or kiss.
You have to be one of the luckiest little girls in the entire world. You have so many people who love you, and people who look forward to watching you grow up and be a part of the bright future that we all know you will have. I love you Olivia, and look forward to another year of you growing up, and another year of loving you more than I did yesterday. :)
Happy Birthday, Baby.
Love,
Titi
P.S. Oh yeah, and I hope that you never stop calling me "Titi".....even if you're 20 years old. I like it, and like that you don't even know who "Sarah" is. :) I hope it stays that way.
She got a Dora suitcase full of Dora stuff. One of the things in her suitcase was a Dora container of bubble bath, which is in a hard container, that is NOT meant to be a toy. She loves it and carries it around and sleeps with it. The morning after her party, she woke up, and had her head on Dora. She said, "Mommy, Dora hurt my head!" Ha!
Here, she has the Dora doll, and the Barney doll that my mom and dad bought for her. She LOVED it, and didn't want to put it down. She should have opened that one LAST.....as she didn't want to put it down.
Here she is with Barney.Dan and I.....



0 comments:
Post a Comment