Occasionally, I get to pick up the kiddos (Olivia and Gage) from daycare. I love doing this.....because I love walking into Olivia's classroom and seeing her face light up when she sees me, and the run across the room shouting "TITI!!! TITI!!!" This week was no different. :)
Normally, we just go straight home, and we play at the house until their Mom gets home from work. This week, however, was different. See, when Dan has to work in the evening (which is 4 days per month), we meet at the McDonalds by his work for a quick sweet tea and chat for 30 minutes or so before he heads to work. Usually that's the only opportunity that we have to see each other on those days. We've never attempted to take the kids to McDonalds, and feared what the playplace might bring.
But last night, we ventured out for it. And I must say, it ended up better than expected. Well, at least while Dan was there. Olivia got her "nuggets" and ate two of them. Gage played happily in his carseat. Of course, Livi wanted to get on the play equipment (which, by the way, I find incredibly disgusting.....and germy) and she wanted "Yunkle DAaaaaan" to help her. He crawled around on there the best a 36 year old (er - I mean 28 year old) can, but it's not really conducive to people over 3 feet tall or 40 pounds. :) She met a new friend, who was about 8, who helped her the rest of the way up to get on the slide. She was doing just fine, and having fun.
Then, Dan had to leave. Of course, she wanted to go with him. About this time, I was feeding Gage his bottle, and he was less than thrilled with being there, as it was pretty noisy, and some kids kept opening the emergency exit door, which produced a shrill, loud alarm sound that the 15 year old who worked there couldn't figure out how to disengage. Dan had to leave, and no more than he got out of the door, that Olivia had to go potty, of course. Here I am, sitting at a table that was obviously designed for 5'6" 120 pound soccer moms. A diaper bag, carseat, childrens coats, my purse, my coat, and some various toy items of Gage's. I'm holding him, he's fussing, and I know that I have to get Olivia to the bathroom before she wets all over herself, and the floor right there in the playplace. (Hey, she's only 2, people. She's not really great at holding it, yet.)
Of course, the potty in the play area was occupied by another toddler, so we had to truck through the McDonalds to the adult bathroom, where the stools are way too high, and I have to juggle Gage on one hip while lifting Livi up onto the toilet, trying to help her complete her duties with one hand, not dropping Gage on his head, and keeping my new Easter (Purse) Basket off of the dirty floor all at the same time. Whew! I'm not sure how my sister (or anyone else with more than one young child) does it! Definitely exhausting.
I was pretty darned happy to see her that night! :) Anyway, I love them, and it's fun all the same. Here's some pictures......
Thursday, April 9, 2009
McDonalds Play Date
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment