Sunday, June 21, 2009

Up, up and away!!

My Nannaw, who many of you know is very close to my heart, is 94 years old. Her entire life, she has dreamed of going on a hot air balloon ride. She has always said that she wanted to do this before she died. While she is in great shape for a 94 year old, she is undoubtedly getting up there in age, so this past weekend, my mom arranged for all of us to take her on a ride. :)

We went down to Indy and rode the hot air balloon, which went up to 400 feet! It was sooooo neat, and she loved every minute of it. She is STILL talking about it, a week later! While I enjoyed it, the best part of it, for me, was seeing how happy she was, and how much SHE loved it. :) It's a memory that I will always have of her, and I couldn't be happier that we got to share that moment with her before she isn't around anymore. Here are some pictures of the day:

Note: Dan hates heights, and is afraid to fly. He did get on the balloon, with much pleading from Trevor. Without sharing the details, let's just say that it's safe to assume that he did NOT enjoy the ride as much as the rest of us. :)


Nannaw and I before the big ride. Isn't she beautiful?

Mom and Dad with all their grandbabies. Trevor, Gage and Olivia. Gage, Grandma Moss, and Elizabeth opted to stay on the ground. The rest of us went.

Our little family, right before boarding the balloon.

The whole group (minus Trevor and I) before getting on board.... (Brent, my brother in law, Nannaw, Mom, Olivia, Dad and Dan.)

Dan and I before we took off. This was when we were still on the ground, and he was still comfortable. :) Ha!

Nannaw, Myself and Brent. I still can't believe that she is 94. I hope I look that great when I am 94 years old!


Olivia also rode the balloon. She is 2. We thought for sure that she was going to get scared when she got up there, but instead, she kept looking down and announcing in amazement that we were "SOOOO HIGH!" She was so brave, and loved every minute of it! :) She's been telling people for a week now that she "rode really high in a big balloon"..... :)

Trevor and I up in the air. He loved the ride! :)
Take some time to do special things with those people that you love. It makes memories that you will never forget. Have a great week, everyone!

0 comments: