I actually took a moment this week to sit down and outline the things in my life that I am, indeed, thankful for. :) And here is the compiled list.
1. God has given me the greatest friends and family that anyone could ever ask for. Seriously.
2. My husband is everything to me. He is my best friend, my support system, my sounding board and sometimes my drinking buddy. I am lucky beyond belief to have as great a man in my life as him.
3. I still have all three of my grandmothers. I was lucky enough to get to spend 24, 25 and 26 years with my grandfathers. Some of my best memories from childhood were spent with the three of them.
4. Although sometimes it is tough, I also have a wonderful step-son, who, even though he doesn’t always act it, he loves me very much. I love him back.
5. I have a fun and exciting job, which sometimes is challenging, but during such a rough economic time, I am very lucky to have a job, period. Let alone one that is as great as mine.
6. Our house! I’m excited for our first Christmas in the new house this year, and have been tempted to get out the Christmas decorations for a month now. I vowed to wait until after Thanksgiving.
7. My past. I went through a lot of crap to get where I am today, but it made me who I am, made me stronger, and I learned a lot from my (and others’) mistakes.
8. Diet Mountain Dew. It’s the only thing that gets me going in the morning sometimes.
9. My nieces and nephew, Olivia, Gage and Savannah. I hope that they always call me “Titi”, and are never too big to give me kisses.
10. Vacation early next year! Dan and I need a long weekend to ourselves. No phones, no people, and nothing to do but lay on the beach and drink frozen cocktails.
11. Our veterans. I have an immeasurable amount of respect and honor for them for fighting for our freedom. I could go on and on and on, naming them here…..but I’ll be bound to miss someone, so I’ll just extend a big “THANK YOU” to all of them. You know who you are.
12. Kudos M & M 100 Calorie granola bars. They make their way into the cart of the Passageways employee who shops for the office every week. And I love him for it. J Thanks, Steven!
13. Did I mention that I am very thankful for my cute husband?
14. White Elephant Gift Exchanges. Every single year, I strive to have the dumbest present there. Last year, what Dan and I thought was a retarded gift, was actually fought over at my work Christmas party. I guess I’ll have to go stupider this year.
15. My paper man. While my paper box was broken (compliments of Elizabeth plowing over our mailbox and post), he put my paper by the front door so it wouldn’t get wet. Except for that one time…..
16. My Dad’s ability to fix anything. (See #15.) He’s done a number of things for us over the past couple of years, including siding our house, installing new countertops, fixing mailboxes, you name it. Oh, among other wonderful things that he can do: Be a wonderful dad and grandpa, provide for his family, pick out great perfume for his daughters, support his children, and drink Maker’s Mark.
17. My Mom. She’s okay, too. J My mom is one of the closest people in my life. I don’t know what I would do without talking to her nearly every day, even if we don’t have anything to say. She’s been there for me through thick and thin, even when I’m sure she wasn’t entirely proud to be. It is no question that my mother loves me more than anyone else in the world. (Although Dan says he loves me equal to her.)
18. My sister. She’s the mommy of my niece and nephew. She lets me buy Colts attire for her 3 year old daughter. She’s also a pretty damned good sister, and I’m sad that they moved away. L If you’re reading this, E, thank you for everything you’ve done for me all my life. I probably can’t ever repay you, but I hope that I can someday show you how truly special you are to me, and how much I love you.
19. The delivery man from Roth Flowers. He is a little old man who brings flowers to me occasionally. He’s so happy to be brightening someone’s day. And he, along with the flowers are certain to make my day, no matter how bad it is.
20. I have a very blessed life. God has given me things that I don’t deserve. He has blessed me in ways that I should sometimes be shameful of. I have the best husband in the world, wonderful family, exceptional group of friends, good job, food on the table, bills are paid, and I don’t have a worry in the world. Thank you, Jesus, for taking care of me. I suppose I’m not grateful enough sometimes. This Thanksgiving, I will take a moment to appreciate more, complain about less, and enjoy what I have.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Love you much!
Sarah
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Moment of Thankfulness
Posted by Dan and Sarah at 11:54 AM
Labels: thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment