Sunday, October 5, 2008

Family on Friday

Grandmas love babies. They just do. Mine especially love my sister's kids. Mom and Dad came down to Elizabeth and Brent's house Friday night to see the new baby. Mom and Dad loaded up Grandma's van and brought all of them, Grandma Hinkle and Grandma Moss (both in their late 80's) and my Nannaw (who is 93), to Lafayette for the night. We got Arni's pizza and played with the kids and visited with them. It reminded me how blessed I am to have all three of my grandma's in my life, at 26 years old. All of my grandfathers have passed, but it makes my heart smile to know that the three of them have gotten to see Olivia and Gage, and enjoy them in their later years in life. They had a great time, and passed Gage around and oohed and aahed over him all night. I walked out of there smiling at how happy being with my family made me.

Olivia and Gage with Titi.....
Dan and Nannaw. Yep, she's 93, and will be 94 January 2. Doesn't she look amazing?

4 generations of the Moss family. My dad, my sister, Grandma Moss, and Elizabeth's kiddos, Livi and Gage.

Grandma Hinkle with Olivia and Gage. Olivia is particularly fond of Grandma Hinkle, for some reason. Grandma eats it up!

Dan and I with Olivia and Nannaw. Olivia was enjoying her "CHIPSSSS!" (Ranch Doritos)
Hug those you love today, everyone! Or call them, or send them a letter in the mail. Yes, that's right, I said send a LETTER in the MAIL. I send my grandmas a note, even if it's just a short little note to let them know I'm thinking of them, about once a week or every other week. Every time they see me, they tell me how much they enjoy the notes that I send, and how it often brightens their days. (I imagine that someday, when they're gone, we'll find a shoebox somewhere with all the notes, cards, and letters in it, stashed somewhere.) Just do it. You won't be sorry you took the extra time.

0 comments: