Sunday, October 5, 2008

Playing God....

This guy has parvo. The owners have no money to hospitalize or treat. Without, the survival chances are about 3 percent...Sometimes I wonder who gave me the power to "play God". To take a life. To intervene. Then I look at it as I am alleviating suffering. Mom is walking out in tears right now, but in about five minutes he won't be in any more pain.The joyful side of medicine. Just wait until humans have this choice......

Dr. Dan

1 comments:

Prozac Bride said...

I just signed up this past Tuesday to be a volunteer at the Humane Society. I can't afford to take home all 500 dogs and cats that are there, but maybe I can bring them some joy for an hour a couple times a week. But this photo made me want to cry...poor puppy :o(
I've decided I'm becoming a Used Dog Sales Lady. I'm going to attack every person that walks into the Humane Society and insure that they all walk out with at least one pet. If they don't....they earn a kick to the goot. That's my new goal in life. Go me.