Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fall Update

Thought that I would send another update, downloaded some more pictures to share….
Can’t believe that we are nearing the end of the summer. BUT, fall time is here, and that’s definitely our favorite season. Fall weather, and most importantly, FOOTBALL……

I spent some time traveling recently, but think I’m finally done for a few more weeks. I was in Williamsburg, VA for a week, and then turned around and went to San Diego for a week. The weather in San Diego was beautiful, but unfortunately, I was so busy the entire time that I was there that I didn’t even leave the hotel but once, just to walk to a Starbucks for a coffee and a mug for my dear cute friend, Chanin. :) Definitely would like to visit again sometime when I can actually do some sightseeing.

However, the second night of my conference, another vendor sponsored a party with the American Idol Rejects. Remember them? She bangs! She bangs! (William Hung…..who looks like William Hung OVER in this picture) and some other guy named Renaldo something or another. These guys are known for their horrendous singing. They came to this party and sang. (The name of the party was “I HUNG with Trace Security”….very clever.) And yes, it really is that bad in person. It was pretty much a train wreck, that you couldn’t quit watching. Anyways, they took their picture with me. (That hat does not belong to me. It belongs to Renaldo.)

Most of you probably know that there are two little girls who smear a smile all over my face. My niece, Olivia, and my goddaughter, Savannah. Savannah just had her first birthday. It’s hard to believe that she’s already ONE! She’s growing so fast, talking, and walking all over the place. She’s an unbelievably beautiful and sweet baby. She had her party a couple of weeks ago. Although she wasn’t really sure about the cake at first, she definitely had icing everywhere. (Including in her ear!) Dan bought her a sock monkey for her “special” present from him. The thing was ugly as hell, but she seemed to like it. (Here she is with it below!)

I can’t recall the last time that I sent an “update” but things with Olivia haven’t changed much, I’m sure. She still loves Uncle DAAAAANNNNN the best, and tends to like him above everyone (cept’ her Mom, of course!) the majority of the time. Although, she does still remembers my name (“Titi”), and Dan assures me that this is just a phase for her. She’s getting ready to have a new baby brother sometime REALLY soon. Although her mom is about to pop any second, Elizabeth is still gallivanting around town, working, and was even reportedly spotted TAILGATING this past weekend…..although that’s not really that odd, as Elizabeth, (who purely LIVES for shopping the day after Thanksgiving) sped around the mall on Black Friday, only to go into labor with Olivia later that night. BUT, she got her shoppin’ done! :) We’re not sure exactly how Olivia’s going to do with all of this, as she’s pretty used to being the one to rule the house the majority of the time. I do think she’s excited about the baby, though. She knows EXACTLY where Baby Gage is at, and if you ask her, will promptly run to Elizabeth and pull her shirt up…..to expose her belly. And the kid is still rotten. If you ask her, she’ll proudly announce: “I’M NOT ROTTEN!” Ha! Does she LOOK like she’s not rotten….??


Trevor is back in school, and doing great! He had a fun time this summer at the lake. He finally got his dad on the tube with him this past weekend. They flipped the tube and ended up crashing into the lake at a high rate of speed, but he thought it was awesome, and couldn’t wait to get back on there! :)
He’s started football. He had a game last week against Pioneer. Although his team didn’t win, he had a great game. He had 1 sack, 5 tackles, 1 interception, and a fumble recovery. He’s doing so well, that the coaches have asked him to start practicing with the Varsity team on Wednesdays. He’s the only one from his team who got this privilege. He was nervous, as an 8th grader, practicing with seniors, but it seems to be going o.k. We’re really proud of him. (That’s him #52 in the pictures below.)
We went on a canoeing trip with our friend Chanin for her birthday. Drove down to Turkey Run and canoed down Sugar Creek. Of course, Dan and I didn’t follow directions very well. The guide told us after crossing under the suspension bridge, to stay to the LEFT, because there was a tree sticking out into the water that would suck you in and upset your canoe. Pretty simple instructions, right? Well…..if you can believe this, I was talking….. (No way!) and not paying attention. Yeah. We ended up in the tree. And before I knew it, we were also in the water. My shoes were floating downstream, we were soaked, our canoe was full of water, and the biggest bummer of all, our camera was gone. It’s probably somewhere in Kentucky right now. We weren’t so upset about the camera itself, but the great pictures from the day that were on there. Dan did manage, however, to save the most important item from the canoe. Our camouflage cooler of beer. :) I stole this picture from Chanin (thank you!), it’s one of the few pictures that we have from the day. :( We did have a great time, though!
Hope this finds everyone well……and enjoying the end of summer and beginning of fall. We’re looking forward to some tailgating time rooting on the Boilermakers, the birth of Baby Gage, Monday Night Football, some quality time catching up at family reunions coming soon, and a weekend trip to a SURPRISE destination (Well, it’s a surprise to Dan. I know where we’re going.). Fall is here, and we couldn’t be more excited!!

0 comments: