Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you?


Seven years ago today, the world as we knew it changed forever. It's a day that most people will never forget. Where were you?

When the first plane hit, I was on my way to class. I was going to school at IPFW in Fort Wayne that semester, and was driving to class when I heard the radio news announcement. I was on my way to a required course that I was taking titled "International Relations Among Rich and Poor Nations." Imagine the irony.

Class started at 9:00, and the first 10 minutes of class was spent watching a network news show which highlighted politics. (It was similar to "Channel One" that we all watched in junior high school.) The second plane hit at 9:03 a.m., and we watched in horror the chaos, tragedy and aftermath of the attacks.

It's interesting that you'll never forget where you were when such a tragedy struck. I know I won't. Where were you?

Please remember your troops who are overseas right now, fighting for our freedom. I have several friends who are, were, or will be over there, protecting us. Thanks to you all for what you do.

Say a prayer today for those who have lost loved ones on 9/11, and those who will forever be remembered.

0 comments: