Monday, January 5, 2009

Merry Christmas'es with the Crowe's.....

After leaving my parent's house on Christmas Day, we headed to Grandma Crowe's house for Christmas with Dan's family. I admit that the pictures that we took there that day, for some reason, didn't turn out at all..... :-( So, we only have a couple.

Although we had just eaten chili soup, ham, oyster soup, among a wide spread of other things at my parents house, we still indulged in some rigatoni's that Dan's Grandma Crowe made. Yum! I'm pretty blessed that I have been adopted into such a great family. :-)

Grandma Crowe and I. She will be turning 91 in March.

Although a little picked over in this photo, this was my contribution to the Christmas dinner. Every year, for Christmas, I make a relish "tree" (as opposed to relish "tray")..... It's nothing more than a foam floral cone, covered with aluminum foil, and covered with broccoli (for the green part of the tree), cherry tomatoes (for ornaments) and a yellow pepper (for garland). Dan and I sat together at the kitchen table at my parent's on Christmas Eve, and he helped me stick the toothpicks in the vegetables and apply them meticulously to the tree. Dan's family thought it was a hoot! I'm glad that they liked it! :)

Again, had a blast with the family, and we talked on the way home about how thankful we were that we have such a great families.......

0 comments: