Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome, Freeney!

We did Christmas here at our house with Trevor the day after Christmas. Of course, he was super excited to open all of his presents.... Clothes, MP3 player, motorized scooter, pull up bar, more clothes, a stocking full of stuff, he didn't do too bad. Dan and I exchanged gifts (a navigation system for him, and a Wii Fit for me), too.

After all the presents were opened, Dan announced that there was one more present.....then I heard him. Freeney. A kitten. Meowing from the small bathroom. :) I had mentioned a few times that I might like to have a kitten, so Dan started the search to get one for me. And that's how we ended up with Freeney. And I must admit, as I sit here and type this right now on the couch, with the laptop on the coffee table, he is cuddled up in my lap, purring away. He's definitely a mommy's boy. Here's some pictures, definitely the first of many more to come, I'm sure......

Morning after Christmas.....
He didn't have a name yet at this point.
Sittin' up on Dad's lap.

And on his back under the coffee table, trying to bite Dad's shoe.

With Dan at the clinic...... This was the day after he got declawed. He was crying and hurting so bad, we kept him sedated, because I couldn't stand it. It made me want to cry. So, he went to work with Dan a could of nights so he could watch him. His little hands were all bandaged up, and we called them his "boxing gloves". He kinda' skiied around with them. It was pretty funny.

Sitting on the couch at Dan's work with his boxing gloves on. Look at that sad face.... :-(

And perhaps, just perhaps, he enjoys Coors Light. :)

And enjoys playing in boxes, too.
Note: Our house is not a disaster. Dan was throwing newspapers at him in the previous two photos,......we're really not slobs. :)

0 comments: